Artists & Fleas is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead the Company marketing efforts. We are seeking a talented, dynamic individual to shape, innovate and implement a mulit-disciplinary marketing strategy for a growing, dynamic business and brand. The primary role and responsibility of the Director of Marketing is to create and implement a strategic Marketing Plan for the Company. This includes marketing existing market locations (Williamsburg, Chelsea & LA), special events (i.e. Vintage Showcase), future locations and channels, and overall brand marketing initiatives.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for driving – defining, directing and implementing – all aspects of the marketing mix to include advertising, digital, social, in-store, event, partnerships and sponsorships, and press relations and publicity. Some marketing elements will be done collectively and/or in conjunction with the respective Market Managers or external vendors.
The role is ideal for a whole brain marketer – an individual who has demonstrated success and is capable of both creative and analytical thinking. In other words, someone who can identify (if not write) what makes for great copy and also monitor, measure and assess what makes that campaign work (or not work).
Artists & Fleas has two (2) distinct audiences and marketing strategies and tactics need to be devised with each or both in mind, when applicable. The Company has a distinct business-to-business audience (vendors and prospective sellers) and business-to-consumer audience (end customers and shoppers).
Overall Role Responsibilities:
- Work with Managing Directors/Founders to develop and implement a quarterly and annual Marketing Plan
- Oversee and direct all marketing and marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, social media, digital marketing, website optimization, inbound marketing, in-store/retail, and promotions either directly or via an outsourced basis.
- Utilize existing marketing tools, assets and initiatives to help streamline marketing efforts and prioritize for maximum impact and efficiency
- Develop system and process to assess the impact of marketing (tactics and efforts) – help bring a best practices approach to how we market
- Create a comprehensive marketing dashboard that takes into all current marketing channels and marketing mix, including:
- Search (Website, SEO/Search, Google AdWords, etc.
- Social (Facebook / Instagram / etc)
- Direct Marketing (email & online / onsite)
- Advertising (online / print /Guerilla)
- Oversee the creation of all web/digital content
- Develop and manage social media marketing calendar
- Develop a sponsorship program
- Leverage marketing opportunities with partners
- Collaborate in creating new press pitches and conduct outreach efforts
- Oversee and develop creative (design and copy)
- Develop a framework for working with key partners and potential sponsors as well as community orgs
Ideal candidate should have a demonstrated track record (7+ years) in creating, directing, evaluating and implementing marketing programs that utilize a broad marketing mix (advertising, PR, events, promotions, digital, social, etc.). Candidate should also have the ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
We are looking for an individual who is a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can bring innovative ideas to grow the brand and the business and be capable of executing upon them. Candidate should be capable and have demonstrated experience in both big picture thinking and the wisdom to recognize that the devil is in the details. We are looking for an individual who can juggle a lot while remain even-keeled and demonstrate grace under pressure.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
This position reports directly to the Managing Directors.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and an introduction letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.