Anyone - and we mean ANYone - who has visited the market over the years would be hard-pressed not to have noticed the splendor and magnificence of Ricky Becker's vintage boutique upon entering the market. He has been the subject of much attention over the years and counts both the fine and fabulous from the Williamsburg Brooklyn vintage and style scenes and beyond as customers, cohorts and friends. When he's not holding court, he's out hunting for the best of the best to bring to market. 1) When was your first day selling at the market? It was Summer 2005.
2) What do you recall about that day? The funky, free-spirited vibe of the market.
3) What don't you miss from that first day?The ramshackle building! (ed. note: our ramshackle space is now home to Toby's Estate and HW Carter and Sons!)
4) What's your most memorable customer? Erykah Badu. She was humble, sweet, shy and lovely.
5) What's your secret weekend snack? Just baked chocolate chip cookies from Painted Lady Fare.
6) What's your proudest moment? Making a living doing what I love...and singing karaoke at all our vendor parties!
Let Ricky show you what he's got each and every weekend this Spring in Williamsburg.