Devin Kain is on the verge of having a moment. His Love Hue Studios, a fixture at the market on weekends since last Fall, is crushing his current Fab sale, getting noticed and his wide array of old school analog media turned inspiring toys for techies and non are finding their way into homes beyond his new native borough of Brooklyn. Here's the scoop on this Alaska native's brief history of market-ing. 1) When was the first time you sold?December 2010
2) What is your fondest memory from that day? I was surprised at how much interest there was for my products and how many people came from all over the world to Artists & Fleas in addition to neighborhood folks from Brooklyn.
3) What don't you miss? All the knowledge I didn't have back then --- and my clothes!
4) What was your most memorable customer? I have so many interesting customer interactions which include people crying, being angry, drunk, and getting asked for my number by girls AND guys.
5)What's your favorite weekend snack?Falafel and wasabi peas. Separately, of course.
6) What's your proudest moment?Creating new products that people like and want.
7) What's your favorite bathroom graffiti?Occupy This!
Meet the man, the myth, the legend this weekend at Artists & Fleas. And if you're an Instagram fan, Devin makes iPhone camera magic. Follow him!