When you’re in a relationship, Valentine’s day is easy. When you’re single, it’s the perfect day to celebrate with your girlfriends and a bottle of bubbly (we have you covered at our Galentine’s Day party!) If you’re in the “it’s complicated” zone, Cupid’s holiday can be tricky. No matter the Valentine(s) in your life, here’s a round-up of fun, silly and heartfelt gifts from our markets.
For your girlfriends: Snag Pamela Barsky’s chic and clever bags for your fierce and fabulous friends
For your party buddy: Your go-to deviant friend will definitely appreciate more than a few pieces of nsfw jewelry from Metal Taboo
For the guy you’re kind of dating: Keep it light and sarcastic with one of A Zillion Dollars cards and prints, and you’ll score points for creativity
For your official Facebook boyfriend: Pop a cute pic of you and your main squeeze in a laser cut picture frame from Noda Design Studio, or one of their hand assembled cards to write your sweet nothings
For Mom: Mom’s heart will melt for a gift made with your own two hands, so sign up for a Galentine’s Day workshop tomorrow and learn how to handcraft a special card or jewelry for the Valentine that loves you the most.
Stop by the markets in Williamsburg and Chelsea to find these and plenty more. Galentine’s Day will be in full effect at our Brooklyn market this Saturday with workshops, champagne, chocolate and shopping. Here's the line-up:
- 11am – Learn the delicate art of card making with Faune Yerby
- 1pm – How to assemble & engrave Jewelry with Brooklyn Charm
- 2:30pm – How to make wire wrap rings with Laura Liberation Jewelry
- 4:30pm – How to solder and make your own earrings with Georgia Varidakis Jewelry
- Champagne for class participants while they work
- Valentine’s Chocolate Booth with Farm2Me, featuring organic chocolates to satisfy every chocolate lovers dreams from Apothekers Kitchen, Diego’s Chocolate and Delight Chocolates
- XXX-rated treats from Organic Designer Desserts and homemade Squish Marshmellows