Artists & Fleas is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded individual to be the right hand assistant to the Director of Markets in overseeing the merchant reservations lifecycle across all Artists & Fleas markets, pop-ups, and special projects. This is a dynamic opportunity for a data-savvy, highly organized, detail-oriented individual who has a passion for the creative designer and maker community and is seeking a professional opportunity that supports and impacts thousands of independent makers, creators and artists’ livelihoods.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Respond to all incoming reservations-based inquiries from prospective or current merchants
- Send all communications prior to the selling weekend
- Ensure all necessary paperwork or waivers are signed and follow up as needed
- Send follow up emails to merchants who have applied but not yet booked
Merchant Booking Site (Square) Management:
- Support flow of the merchant reservations lifecycle, which includes managing and maintaining availability catalog and product details across booking site (Square)
- Execute site updates to ensure error free and timely date launches
- Execute and deliver internal weekly reporting to relevant departments
- Assist with reporting and special projects
- Collaborate with Director of Markets to fully understand space and category availability, date launches, curation strategy and waitlist and refund requirements
- Based on competitive findings, recommend changes, updates and improvements to support the company’s objectives
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, efficient, professional self-starter who is a creative and strategic thinker. Experience with ecommerce platforms or retail inventory management is a major plus, though we are open to other backgrounds with a proven track record of building in or working with systems of organization. Experience as a virtual assistant or administrative assistant also recommended. We pride ourselves in being high touch and are looking for someone who can both work quickly and efficiently, while simultaneously understanding where an individual note is needed. To be successful in this role, you must be a self motivated problem solver, goal-oriented, and thrive in building and working with organized systems.
In addition, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Applicants need to be proficient with all Google applications and quick to learn new platforms. Artists & Fleas values professionalism, responsibility, honesty and reliability – we expect it of our merchants and model it amongst our team. Equally important is to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, determination, and self-motivation.
Hours / Schedule:
This is a P/T position with hours consisting of approximately 25 hours per week. Please note, we are looking for someone who can commit to a consistent schedule, including weekly meetings with the Director of Markets. This role does not require you to be onsite and we are open to candidates living anywhere in the US.
Salaried position ($26,000/year base) plus annual bonus & an opportunity to work with a great team and a growing organization.
If you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and a paragraph about why you are the ideal fit for this position and the Artists & Fleas brand, which we will consider as a writing sample. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply. Please send application materials to email@example.com and write “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.