Over the past 15 years, Artists & Fleas has created inspired marketplaces for shoppers looking to discover local designers and for makers seeking to showcase their creations and build their businesses.
Artists & Fleas is looking for an outgoing, creative individual who is social media savvy and has a love of retail to help cultivate community and foster a fun and exciting environment in the marketplace. The Community Manager role is focused on merchant and community relations, marketing, production, and operations management. The Community Manager will serve as a brand ambassador, help facilitate and monitor market operations over the course of the week, and provide ongoing support to the Market Leader. The Community Manager will also provide on-site support to merchants, and execute cross-platform marketing including both the development and dissemination of creative marketing content.
Key responsibilities include:
Merchant Community Management:
- Oversee and assist new merchants in load-in and load-out
- Prep and distribute Welcome Kits to new merchants
- Send load in emails and collect all necessary documents prior to load-in
- Approve and work with incoming merchants on space proposals that adhere to A&F guidelines and ensure they are executed as proposed
- Be the go-to contact for all space related questions from merchants
- Assist merchants with setting up their shop and to advise merchandising best practices
- Ensure merchants understand and adhere to Artists & Fleas visual guidelines
- Creatively communicate relevant information including on-site events, press and more to the merchant community
- Welcome and greet tour groups
Marketing & Communications:
- Develop visual content by capturing digital content (photos and videos) for our social media channels throughout the day
- Propose and organize social media content for marketing team
- Gather and organize visual content from upcoming and current merchants
- Assist in execution of special events and give creative input based on your view of the market
- Court and build relationships for events and partnerships
- Aid in executing marketing programs and supporting merchant community programming
- Troubleshoot facility issues including HVAC, WiFi, etc. as needed
- Create, update, & manage facility guidebooks and building maintenance contact lists
- Track inventory and order all market supplies while adhering to marketing and supplies budgets
- Assist in creating & maintaining a positive vibe which includes music, lighting, temperature, customer and merchant flow
- Make sure the market facilities and common areas are clean and in working condition during all market hours
- Propose and ideate suggestions for new market layouts and merchant spaces
- Conduct opening/closing procedures
The ideal candidate will be an extremely people-oriented and highly organized self-starter with experience cultivating new relationships. This role requires an individual who is energized by interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and takes pride in implementing the shift from on-paper logistics to real life. Applicant must be a creative thinker, fast on their feet, and eager to problem-solve. To thrive in this position, you need to have excellent time management and administrative skills, be incredibly self motivated, handy, fastidious, and have a demonstrated track record for showing initiative.
In addition, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Applicants need to be proficient with all MS Office Programs, the Google suite, and all social media channels. Artists & Fleas values professionalism, responsibility, honesty and reliability – we expect it of our merchants and model it amongst our team. Equally important is to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, determination, and self-motivation. Your schedule will require you to be onsite evenings and weekends. Please note, we are looking for candidates who can commit to a consistent schedule.
*You must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds for this position.
If you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and a paragraph about why you are the ideal fit for this position and the Artists & Fleas brand, which we will consider as a writing sample. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply. Please send application materials to email@example.com and write “Community Manager (NYC) or (Georgetown)” in the subject line.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now