Are you a creative person with BIG ideas that knows how to execute? Do you know how to assemble and gather the best resources to make a creative vision a reality? If so, consider this the opportunity of a lifetime as you help creatively innovate 3 dynamic brands.
Shop Extraordinary Enterprises is a dynamic, fast-growing, New York-based company committed to creating engaging, joyous and extraordinary shopping experiences that showcase and celebrate diversity in every form. It’s this mission that informs the current and future portfolio of brands which includes Artists & Fleas, Regeneration and Manhattan Vintage., NYC’s iconic vintage show featuring the largest collection of clothing, jewelry, accessories and antique textiles in the world.
As the Director of Brand Marketing & Communications, responsibilities will include: building and leading the Brand Marketing Creative and Social Media teams, overseeing brand management and strategy development for three distinct brands and audiences, and consistent and creative implementation of brand guidelines, standards and creative execution. The role requires strong cross functional collaboration with leaders (Retail, Vendor Relations, Digital Marketing teams) to build and oversee the execution of marketing/brand strategies for the portfolio of brands that works across our various marketing initiatives.
This individual will work closely with the founders to develop creative brand initiatives and serve as a brand steward developing relationships with media and influencers to promote brand objectives. This role requires a creative, strategic-minded individual with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for creative businesses. A cultivated taste level and experience in the fashion industry, retail, consumer brands or the arts/culture is preferred.
- Serve as the lead for brand marketing and communications including strategy and creative execution.
- Develop compelling marketing and communication strategies to position and create greater consumer awareness for Shop Extraordinary Enterprises and its portfolio of brands.
- Proactively work with Social team to help develop and foster relationships with content creators, influencers and media to share the brand story/campaigns to garner engaging branded content.
- Build and oversee marketing and social media calendars including planning, scheduling, and day-to-day management to optimize content for each platform, channel and brand.
- Collaborate with the Director of Retail on new brand expression including art direction, in-store experience, styling, digital content, and consumer messaging.
- Participate in brainstorms and team meetings. Establish processes for workflow and execution of new concepts and ideas.
- Maintain acute awareness of the marketplace and social trends, new platform features and best practices, and provide channel and community insights with actionable next steps on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to leverage and inspire in-house teams.
- Minimum of 8 years in a management role at an agency or in-house.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute.
- Excellent communicator and compelling storyteller with experience working with PR teams to gain earned media.
- Experience managing timelines, budgets, etc
- Excellent copywriter
- Detail oriented planner who understands the importance of owning timelines and internal communications.
- Quick learner, logical thinker and team player.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment, adapting to continually changing priorities and ambitious project timeframe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative doer, a collaborative creative thinker and an entrepreneurial individual who thrives in thinking tactically while working holistically to really drive home brand identity and lean into brand personality.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will be based on an annualized salary and includes competitive benefits (health/dental, 401k, PTO) and discretionary bonuses based on performance and contribution.
If you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and a paragraph about why you are the ideal fit for this position and the Artists & Fleas brand, which we will consider as a writing sample. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply. Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
We pride ourselves on providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under the applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer