Over the past 15 years, Artists & Fleas has created inspired marketplaces for shoppers looking to discover local designers and for makers who want to showcase their creations and build their businesses. Artists & Fleas is seeking a freelance Creative Designer who is imaginative and innovative while being collaborative and strategic and approaches design with an eye for what’s fresh but also understands the functional needs of design for performance-driven marketing.
We are looking for someone that appreciates the resonance of what being a creative entrepreneur means and Artists & Fleas’ role in supporting that community. You will not only create innovative and visually compelling assets but also ensure that they are optimized by channel with clear and relevant messaging, purposeful design and a clear and consistent eye for details.
You will help design all assets for marketing (both B2B for our community of merchants and makers and B2C for market customers), including printed collateral layout, landing pages, email templates, paid ads, social images, in-market signage and more.
This position can be based in NYC or remotely in the US. We place importance on applicants who can demonstrate a deep understanding of our brand past, present and future and have the creative chops to propose ideas and concepts that aren’t necessarily anchored in a specific trend or geography.
- Help drive and define success at Artists & Fleas with innovative brand positioning to support exciting new concepts & projects that will live alongside the current brand identity.
- Take strategic direction from the Marketing team to design a wide variety of marketing assets from ideation to production for both print and digital formats including anything from website splash content, video end cards, animated gifs, marketing emails, social media posts, stories, and ads, printed postcards and event signage, swag items, retail window designs & displays, and more.
- Ensure that all creative aligns with our brand and marketing objectives while consistently creating fun and inspired materials
- Solve problems with innovative visual solutions and a keen attention to detail
- Continuously search for and discover inspiration and best practices
- Prioritize multiple projects while meeting all key deadlines in a swift and efficient manner
- Expert understanding of developing cohesive branding, graphic design, layout and typography; design experience for both printed, in-store visuals and responsive digital design
- A strong visual POV and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Moves quickly to turn around inspired work at a retail pace
- Video & photo experience is a plus
- Brand ID experience is a plus
- Retail and/or fashion experience preferred
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented and have a track record of showing initiative. You will hit all deadlines with a sense of priority.
We are seeking an individual who is available to work 20-25 hours a week.
If you are the right person for the job, please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Creative Designer” in the subject line.
- Portfolio/work samples
- A paragraph about why you are the ideal fit for this position and the Artists & Fleas brand which we will consider as a writing sample.
- Answers to the following questions:
- What is your hourly rate & availability?
- Are you willing to participate in a project & proposal presentation for a modest fee?
Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now