Artists & Fleas is looking for paid interns in NYC for the summer!
If you’re a creative, outgoing person who loves social media and event production, this is the internship for you. You’ll learn hands-on business skills in our dynamic and creative retail marketing environment.
Here are just some of the activities you’ll have a hand in:
- Assist in event planning, preparation, and in-market support as a Brand Ambassador, including occasional opening or closing hours (note: this may require some weekend hours)
- Social Media & Community Management: Assist in community outreach, creating content for social media, and stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends
- Assist in cultivating a robust Influencer Program
- Project Management assistance in all marketing activities including gaining skills in campaign creation, execution, and reporting
- Operational support at the AF HQ: Organizing, ordering, and managing supplies
The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in marketing or equivalent coursework with a passion for retail. An interest in local production and the “maker” culture is a plus.
We are looking for team players who are willing to pitch in and help with anything that needs to get done.You must be able to juggle many projects at once while keeping a level head and be hyper-organized with great attention to detail. The ideal candidate with have excellent communication and writing skills and able to effectively handle communications with merchants, shoppers, and outside vendors.
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Proficient in Facebook and Instagram (Business experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of WordPress and EventBrite is a plus
Artists & Fleas values professionalism, responsibility, honesty and reliability. Equally important is the demonstration of enthusiasm, determination, initiative and self-motivation. Our culture thrives because of our dedicated team members, and together we work hard & have a lot of fun!
This is a paid internship. We are looking for a part-time commitment and flexible weekend availability.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Internship” in the subject line and a thoughtful paragraph on why you think you are the right fit for this position along with what most interests you about the role. Applicants should be familiar with Artists & Fleas marketplaces and be available to relocate to NYC if applying from out of state.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now