Artists & Fleas is looking for an outgoing, hard-working, problem-solving and creative individual who has a love of retail and is hospitality-minded to help cultivate community and oversee a fun and exciting weekend market this Summer at Industry City (Brooklyn). The Production Lead will serve as a brand ambassador and help facilitate and monitor market operations over the course of the weekend. The Production Lead will also provide on-site support to merchants and execute cross-platform marketing including both the development and dissemination of creative marketing content.
Key responsibilities include:
Merchant Community Management:
- Oversee and assist new merchants in load-in and load-out
- Prep and distribute seller Welcome Kits to new merchants
- Be the go-to contact for all onsite questions from merchants and customers
- Assist merchants with setting up their shop and advise merchandising best practices
- Ensure merchants understand and adhere to Artists & Fleas visual guidelines
- Creatively communicate relevant information including on-site events, press and more to the merchant community
- Welcome and greet influencers and tour groups
Marketing & Communications:
- Capture digital content (photos and videos) for our social media channels throughout the day
- Gather and organize visual content from current merchants
- Assist in executing special events and give creative input based on your view of the market
- Aid in executing marketing programs and supporting merchant community programming
- Conduct opening/closing procedures
- Troubleshoot facility issues as needed
- Track inventory of market supplies
- Assist in creating and maintaining a positive vibe which includes music, lighting, temperature, crowd-control and merchant flow
- Make sure the market is presentable and vibe-y during all market hours
- Propose and ideate suggestions for new market layouts and merchant spaces
- Enforce COVID-19 guidelines with respect to mask-wearing and social distance, as applicable
The ideal candidate is an extremely people-oriented, professional, and organized self-starter. This role requires an individual who is energized by interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and takes pride in implementing the shift from on-paper logistics to real life. Applicant must be a creative thinker, fast on their feet, and born to problem-solve. To thrive in this position, you need to have excellent time management and administrative skills, be incredibly self motivated, handy, fastidious, and have a demonstrated track record for showing initiative.
In addition, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Applicants need to be proficient with all Google applications and all social media channels. Artists & Fleas values professionalism, responsibility, honesty and reliability – we expect it of our merchants and model it amongst our team. Equally important is to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, determination, and self-motivation.
*You must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds for this position.
Hours / Schedule:
This is a P/T seasonal position with hours consisting of approximately 20-22 hours per week on Saturday (8:30 AM – 7PM), Sunday (9:30AM – 8PM) for the Summer season. Your schedule will require you to be onsite Saturday and Sunday from June 19 through August 29. Please note: we are looking for candidates who can commit to this consistent schedule. The opportunity to extend this contract to the next season is a definite possibility to be discussed mid-season.
$20/hour plus end of season bonus & an opportunity to work with a great team and a growing organization.
If you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and a paragraph about why you are the ideal fit for this position and the Artists & Fleas brand, which we will consider as a writing sample. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply. Please send application materials to email@example.com and write “Production Lead” in the subject line.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.