Over the past 19 years, Artists & Fleas has created inspired marketplaces for shoppers looking to discover local designers and for makers seeking to showcase their collections and build their businesses. Regeneration, Artists & Fleas newest market focused on vintage, thrift and upcycled clothing, is expanding from a weekend multi-vendor marketplace to a retail store open Thursdays and Fridays where weekend vendors leave their merchandise on consignment to be sold by our staff.
Artists & Fleas is looking for an hospitality-minded, outgoing and creative individual with a love of vintage and retail to help cultivate community, serve as a brand ambassador and drive retail sales in the Regeneration store.
Key responsibilities include:
Sales & Sales Floor
- Demonstrate high touch customer service to create a welcoming, attentive and helpful buying experience for customers
- Drive sales through sharing product knowledge and shopping help
- Maintain inventory throughout the store and remerchandise as needed
- Restock merchandise on the floor from fitting room
- Ensure the sales floor, market facilities, and fitting rooms are clean and in working condition during all market hours
- Connect with clients daily to drive traffic to retail store
- Post items for sale on Instagram
- Process in-store and Instagram sales through POS system
- Consistently meet sales goals
- Conduct opening/closing procedures
- Troubleshoot facility issues including HVAC, WiFi, etc. as needed
- Assist in creating and maintaining a great vibe by monitoring music, lighting, temperature and customer flow
Merchant Community Management & Load in
- Oversee and assist new merchants in Wednesday’s product load-in and set up
- Advise merchandising best practices and make adjustments as needed
- Ensure merchants understand and adhere to Artists & Fleas visual guidelines
- Be the go-to contact for all onsite questions
- Learn and note product details to help with sales
Marketing & Communications
- Welcome and greet influencers and distribute market vouchers as directed
- Capture photos and videos for our social media channels as directed by the Social Media Manager
- In depth knowledge of vintage clothing and current trends
- An eye for styling and attention to detail
- A proven track record of retail sales success including clienteling and relationship building
- Friendly and energized by interacting with people from diverse backgrounds
- Availability to work Wednesday afternoons and full days Thursday and Friday
- Timely– we have a zero tolerance policy for lateness
- Responsible and attentive– you will be responsible for opening the store and securely locking it at night
Hours / Schedule:
This is a part-time position with hours consisting of approximately 15-25 hours per week on Saturday (approximately 10 AM – 6:15 PM) and Sunday (approximately 10 AM – 6:30PM, though potentially later to oversee merchandise pick up). We may ask that you cover weekday hours as needed (Wednesday 3:30 PM – 8 PM, Thursday and Friday 11:30 AM – 7:30 PM).
$20/hour plus commission & an opportunity to work with a great team and a growing organization.
If you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and a paragraph about why you are the ideal fit for this position and the Regeneration brand. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply. Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Retail Sales Associate” in the subject line.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now