Updated as of June 7, 2018
This Vendor Space Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between:
- ARTISTS & FLEAS CALIFORNIA, LLC (“A&F”), a New York limited liability company, with offices at 1626 N. Wilcox Avenue, #575, Hollywood, CA 90028;
- and VENDOR as indicated on your submitted on-line Application (“you” or “Vendor”).
This Agreement shall not bind A&F or Vendor unless and until (1) Artists & Fleas offers you a space at the Market by sending you an “Offer E-mail”; and (2) you accept Artists & Fleas’ offer to participate in the Market by paying the Rental Fee in accordance with the Offer E-mail (the “Binding Conditions”). IMMEDIATELY UPON THE SATISFACTION OF THE BINDING CONDITIONS, THIS AGREEMENT SHALL AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN EFFECTIVE AND BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN A&F AND VENDOR.
The term “Agreement” as used herein includes and incorporates herein the information, terms and conditions contained within (i) the Application (ii) A&F’s Offer E-mail; (iii) A&F’s Confirmation E-mail to you (the “Confirmation Email”); (iv) this Vendor Space Rental Agreement as posted on the Artists & Fleas website; and (v) the Vendor Rules & Regulations posted on the Artists & Fleas A&F website (the “Rules & Regulations”). This Agreement sets forth the entirety of the parties’ respective rights and obligations in connection with Vendor’s operation of a booth space at an A&F’s Los Angeles Market located at 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, California 90291 at the Westminster Avenue Elementary School (the “Westminster Market”), each referred to herein as a “Market”.
(1) Creation of Binding Agreement. This Agreement shall not bind A&F in any way unless and until (i) A&F has sent Vendor the Offer E-mail, which A&F may or may not send in its sole discretion and (ii) Vendor has accepted the offer by payment of the Rental Fee as set forth below. The Offer E-mail, if sent, will set forth the dates on which A&F has conditionally approved you to operate a booth at the Market (the “Term”). The date of the Offer E-Mail shall be deemed the “Effective Date” of this Agreement. A&F operates rain or shine.
(a) Rental Fee. To bind this Agreement and reserve a booth for the Term you must pay the required “Rental Fee” (which shall include the Space Rental Fee + any Equipment Rental Fee) in the amount, manner and within the time frame set forth in the Offer E-mail. To the extent not otherwise provided in the Offer E-mail, the current rate is $100.00 per space per day of the specified Term (the “Space Rental Fee”). The Space Rental Fee is non-refundable. With respect to the Westminster Market only, Venice location there will be an additional one-time $30.00 charge (once every 12 months), the majority of which will be donated directly to the Westminster Avenue Elementary School. With The Arts District market only, there will be and additional one-time $30.00 charge (once every 12 months), the majority of which will be donated directly to LARABA. Both allow Artists & Fleas and each individual vendor to play an important and active role in supporting the school and the neighborhood.
(b) Method of Payment. Vendor may remit the Rental Fee to A&F via PayPal by remitting payment to email@example.com. Vendor shall include the Term designated within the Offer E-mail with any PayPal payment. Please be advised that you do not need a PayPal account to use this method.
(c) Timing. The Rental Fee must be received by A&F within the time frame set forth in the Offer E-mail in order to participate, although A&F may, in its sole discretion, accept a later payment. If the Term is sold out prior to receipt of payment of the Rental Fee, Vendor will receive a credit valid for three months from the commencement of the original Term; provided however that Vendor cannot use the credit during November or December.
d) Additional Documentation. To the extent that A&F requests and requires additional documentation from Vendor, including but not limited to, as applicable, local licenses for operations, sales tax certificate, certificates of authority, certificates of insurance or applicable waivers etc. Vendor shall provide true and accurate copies to A&F within the time frame requested by A&F and shall maintain the validity such licenses, certificates and waivers. Venice vendors must have a Seller’s Permit from the State Board of Equalization and a City of Los Angeles Business License.
(2) Modification of Term. Vendor and A&F may mutually agree at any time to extend the Term. Any extension must be agreed to in writing, which such writing may be by an email from A&F confirming an extension. This Agreement shall continue to govern any such modification.
(3) Booth Space.
(a) Assignment of Space. Following approval by A&F and payment of the Rental Fee by Vendor, A&F shall grant to Vendor a license to use one (1) booth space (the “Space”). Vendor will be advised as to the location of the Space on or before the Thursday prior to the start of the Term or upon arriving at the Market during the appointed Vendor set-up period on the selling day. Vendor acknowledges that the size, location and configuration of the vendor spaces may vary. A&F shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to market, position and determine assignment of spaces to all vendors, including the Vendor, within the Market; and provided further that Vendor hereby accepts all such determinations as final. Vendor may not exceed the footprint of Vendor’s designated Space.
(b) There is no transfer, assignment, sublicensing, subletting or sharing of the Space to other vendors or any other third parties in any form whatsoever. In addition, Vendor shall not market, display or sell merchandise of any third parties. In addition to any other remedies or recourse that A&F may have hereunder or at law, if merchandise being displayed is determined to belong to a party other than the Vendor, without prior written approval from A&F, A&F shall be entitled to terminate Vendor’s rental and require that Vendor immediately vacate the Space and leave the Market.
(c) All affixed installations to the Space shall become the property of A&F upon installation and shall be surrendered unless A&F elects to relinquish such rights or require removal thereof at Vendor’s sole cost and expense. Any objects of personal property left inside or outside of the Space will be discarded, at Vendor’s sole cost and expense. A&F will not be liable for any damage to or loss of objects or property left in these areas. Vendor is to keep the Space clean, at Vendor’s sole cost and expense, in a manner satisfactory to A&F and shall reimburse A&F promptly for all documented costs incurred in connection with the provision, installation and/or removal of furniture or other furnishings to be provided by A&F.
(4) Merchandising & Display Standards.
(a) Upon A&F’s approval, Vendor shall be entitled to commence set-up of its booth and display as set forth below. Vendor shall use its best efforts when constructing displays to minimize any disturbance to the other vendors operations. Further, Vendor shall be responsible, at its sole cost and expense, to repair any damage and disruption Vendor may cause to the Market or other vendor’s booths or operations. Vendor shall be considerate of their neighboring vendors when constructing displays and sets both in terms of creating displays that may obstruct sightlines in ways that are egregious or un-neighborly; as well, being mindful of the overall aesthetic experience of the Market in considering display items, materials, props, etc. Vendor shall not build walls, hang curtains or mount fixtures or grid-walls that measure more than 5’ across the depth so as to keep the space open and maintain clear sight-lines between adjacent booths.
(5) Vendor Responsibilities. In addition to any other Vendor requirements or restrictions as set forth in this Agreement, Vendor’s must comply with the responsibilities set forth in the “LA Vendor Rules and Regulations” (posted on A&F’s website and made a part of this Agreement), as the same may be reasonably modified or supplemented by Artists & Fleas from time to time. Artists & Fleas shall not be obligated to enforce the Rules and Regulations against Vendor or any other vendor of the A&F Market or any other party, and Artists & Fleas shall have no liability to Vendor by reason of the violation by any other vendor or other party of the Rules and Regulations; provided, that Artists & Fleas shall not enforce the Rules and Regulations in a manner which discriminates against Vendor (it being understood that rules may have varying impact on vendors, taking into account differences in their use and business operations). If any Rule and Regulation(s) shall conflict with any provision in the body of this Agreement, such provision of this Agreement shall govern.
(6) Events of Default. This Agreement and the license hereby granted are subject to the limitations that upon the occurrence, at any time during the Term, of any one or more of the following events (referred to as “Events of Default”):
(a) if Vendor shall default in the observance or performance of any term, covenant or condition of this Agreement; or
(b) if Vendor shall default in the observance or performance of any term, covenant or condition on Vendor’s part to be observed or performed under any other agreement with A&F; or
(c) if Vendor shall file a voluntary petition in bankruptcy, or shall be adjudicated a bankrupt or insolvent, or shall make an assignment for the benefit of creditors;
then, in any of said cases, A&F may, at its option, immediately terminate this Agreement and the Term; provided that Vendor shall remain liable for damages and shall forego any prepaid fee and security deposit. In addition to the foregoing, A&F and its agents may immediately at any time after such Event of Default or after the Expiration Date re-possess the Space, dispossess Vendor and any other persons from the Space and remove any and all of their property and effects from the Space. Vendor hereby agrees to pay, as additional charges, all attorneys’ fees and disbursements (and all other court costs or expenses of legal proceedings) which A&F may incur by reason of, or in connection with any action or proceeding to terminate this Agreement or in connection with any Event of Default by Vendor under this Agreement.
(7) Indemnification. Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless A&F, its affiliates, officers, employees, and representatives from and against any and all losses, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, costs, damages, claims (actual or alleged) and expenses resulting from claims for bodily injury, death, property destruction, or property damage arising out of or incidental to or in any way resulting from the acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise, of the Vendor, its employees, subcontractors, or agents, if any, in performance under this Agreement and the use of its Space at the Market and in the common areas of the Market during the Term unless such bodily injury, death, property destruction, property damage, or personal injury is determined to be the result of the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of A&F, their affiliates, agent, officers, employees, or representatives.
(8) Limitation of Liability. In no event shall A&F and/or its affiliates and/or their respective their members, managers, officers, employees, agents or representatives, successors and assigns be liable to Vendor and/or its affiliates and/or respective members, managers, officers, employees, agents, representatives or customers, successors and assigns for any loss, liability, theft, damage, claim or demand, including, but not limited to, theft or damage to Vendor’s property, furnishings, equipment and merchandise that Vendor parties may incur arising out of Vendor’s operations at the Market, whether caused by the negligence of A&F or otherwise. A&F shall not carry insurance covering any such property theft, loss or damage and Vendor shall be solely responsibly to carry its own insurance or otherwise accept the risk of any such theft, loss or damage. In furtherance or the foregoing, in no event shall Artists & Fleas be liable for any consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages, costs, expenses or losses (including without limitation lost profits, loss of business, anticipatory profits and opportunity costs). To the extent Vendor maintains any claim against A&F, Vendor shall look solely to A&F’s leasehold interest in the A&F Market and the proceeds thereof for the recovery of any judgment against A&F Vendor shall look solely to A&F leasehold interest in the Market and the proceeds thereof, for the recovery of any judgment against Vendor, and no other property or assets of A&F and its members, officers, directors, or affiliates shall be subject to levy, execution or other enforcement procedure for the satisfaction of Vendor’s remedies under or with respect to this Agreement. In no event shall A&F and/or its affiliates and/or their respective members, managers, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to Vendor or any other person or entity for consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages, costs, expenses or losses (including without limitation lost profits, loss of business, anticipatory profits and opportunity costs).
(9) Subject to Overlease; Termination. In the event that at anytime during the Term (i) A&F is required to vacate the Market for any reason; (ii) A&F’s lease at the Market is terminated or expires for any reason; or (iii) the Market is substantially damaged by fire or casualty; then A&F shall be entitled terminate this Agreement by providing not less than seven (7) days written notice to Vendor, whereupon Vendor shall be required to vacate the Space as of the termination date set forth in the notice. In such event, any monies theretofore delivered by Vendor to A&F for periods following the termination date, including, without limitation, the relevant portion of the Space Rental Fee, shall be promptly returned to Vendor following Vendor’s vacating the Space in accordance with this Agreement.
All notices, demands, consents, approvals, waivers or other communications which may or are required to be given by either party to the other under this Agreement (each, “Notice”) shall be in writing and shall be delivered by (a) personal delivery, (b) a nationally recognized overnight courier, or (c) e-mail, in each case addressed to the party to be notified as follows:
If to A&F:
Artists & Fleas California, LLC
1626 North Wilcox Avenue, #575
Hollywood, CA 90028
Attention: Ronen Glimer, Manager
If to Vendor to the address or e-mail address specified in Vendor’s Application.
Either party may from time to time designate a different (or additional) address(es) for Notices by at least 5 days prior Notice to the other party. Notices from A&F may be given by A&F’ attorney, and Notices from Vendor may be given by Vendor’s attorney. Each Notice shall be deemed to have been given on the date such Notice is actually received as evidenced by a written receipt therefor from the personal delivery service, or national courier service, as applicable, and in the event of failure to deliver by reason of changed address of which no Notice was given or refusal to accept delivery, as of the date of such failure or refusal as evidenced by a written receipt therefor from the personal delivery service, or national courier service, as applicable.
(b) Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement, or the application thereof to any person or circumstances shall to any extent be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement, shall not be affected, and each provision of this Agreement shall be valid and shall be enforceable to the extent permitted by law.
(c) Survival. All obligations and liabilities of A&F or Vendor to the other which accrued before the expiration or other termination of this Agreement and all such obligations and liabilities which by their nature or under the circumstances can only be, or by the provisions of this Agreement may be, performed after such expiration or other termination, shall survive the expiration or other termination of this Agreement.
(d) Amendments. This Agreement may be supplemented, amended, or modified only by the mutual written agreement of the Parties.
(e) Merger. This Agreement embodies the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all prior agreements, understanding and statements, oral or written, with respect thereto are merged in this Agreement.
(f) Successors. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of A&F its successors and assigns, and shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of Vendor, its successors, and to the extent that an assignment may be approved by A&F, Vendor’s assigns.
(g) Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal Laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Each Party hereby irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of any State or Federal Court sitting in Los Angeles or LA County, California, in respect of any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, and irrevocably accepts for itself and in respect of its property, generally and unconditionally, jurisdiction of such courts.
(h) Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when so executed and delivered shall be taken to be an original; but such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same document.
(i) Electronic/Fax/PDF Same as Original. For purposes of negotiating and finalizing this Agreement (including any subsequent amendments thereto) any offer and acceptance via electronic means (including, but not limited to, clicking-thru or checking the box on the A&F website or via email), or any signed document transmitted electronically, or by fax machine or as a pdf via email shall be treated in all manner as an original document. The click-thru, check-the-box or signature of any party shall be considered for those purposes as an original signature. Any such electronic, fax of pdf document shall be considered to have the same binding legal effect as an original document.