Welcome to the Family
Thank you for submitting your application. We would love to have you sell at Artists & Fleas LA, located at 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA 90291. Please read on for some important information and useful tips to make the most of your market participation.
To accept this offer and secure a space for the dates specified in your Offer Email, please proceed with making your non-refundable space fee payment to Artists & Fleas, California in the amount specified in your Offer Email.
First time merchants, please pay the space fee plus the $30 annual giving fee. This $30 annual giving fee is charged once every 12 months and the majority is donated directly to the Westminster Avenue Elementary school allowing Artists & Fleas and our merchants to play an important and active role in the school and community where we do business.
Returning merchants, please pay the space fee for your approved dates. You will be reminded by our team when your annual giving fee is due.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure that your payment is for “goods and services", not "friends and family"
- Include the dates you are scheduled to participate in the Market and your company name in your PayPal payment notes (as shown here <---- )
*Please note that we cannot accept e-check as method of payment.
Please be advised that spaces are granted on a first-to-pay basis. If the offered date(s) are sold out prior to receipt of payment of the space rental fee, you will receive a credit, valid for three (3) months from the commencement of the original Term.
RULES & REGULATIONS
When you submitted your Application, you acknowledged having read and reviewed the linked LA Merchant Space Rental Agreement (the “Merchant Agreement”) and LA Merchant Rules and Regulations (the “Rules and Regulations”), which set forth the terms and conditions applicable to merchants at the LA Market. The Merchant Agreement and Rules and Regulations shall automatically become a binding legal agreement between you and A&F upon your acceptance of this offer by your payment of the Space Rental Fee. Do Not Pay The Space Rental Fee If You Do Not Agree To Be Bound By The Terms Of The Merchant Agreement And To Rent Booth Space For The Term.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of payment of the Space Rental Fee. This e-mail will confirm your use of an assigned space during the term. A floor plan with space assignment will be issued during the week prior to the Market.
what to bring
- Business Cards
- White top tent and tent weights (required for booths), tables and any racks you might need
- Credit Card Reader
- Email sign-up list
- Snacks and water (consider providing a treat for customers too?!)
- A great attitude (Read our Recipe for Market Success - Top 5 Ingredients)
LOCATION / PARKING + LOAD IN / LOAD OUT
The market will be held at Westminster Avenue Elementary School, 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA 90291 (corner of Westminster Avenue and Abbot Kinney Blvd)
Load In Hours:
8:30am-10:30am (Merchants must arrive by 10:30am at the latest and be completely set up and ready to sell by 11am sharp.)
- New happenings and vital information are sent the Thursday before each market in our Load In Email, please make sure to read it before arriving.
- If you are setting up a tent, you are required to bring weights!
- No one is permitted to drive up to their space -- please pack your belongings and carry them to your parked car.
- If you have heavy or bulky items, we highly recommend bringing a cart or a dolly.
- Please be respectful of the facility and the grass soccer field when rolling any wheeled items in and out.
- Please unload from the vendor parking lot on Westminster Avenue.
- Limited merchant parking is provided on site for $5/day, payable in cash upon entry. Spaces are granted first come first serve, one space per booth (location map attached.)
- We do not guarantee parking on site, but there is ample street parking and nearby parking lots.
- Once the parking lot is full and/or closed at 11:00am, you will need to unload from the side of Westminster Avenue and then proceed to find street parking.
- Please be aware that leaving your car unattended on Westminster Avenue for too long could result in a parking ticket.
- There are two restrooms located in the back of the lot, designated with signage.
- We do not have an ATM on site. There are many ATM options up and down Abbot Kinney Boulevard.
- We do not have a WiFi network on site, but credit cards can be run through 3G/4G. If you would like WiFi, we suggest setting up your device as an internet hotspot.
The selling day ends at 4:30pm. We ask that everyone remain open until 4:30pm and not begin breaking down early. Please make sure to leave your space as you found it and dispose of any garbage in the nearby dumpsters.
We are open rain or shine and want our merchants and customers to have as pleasant of an experience as possible! So please keep in mind that if it has rained the day prior to the market, there is a possibility of muddy areas on the grass field. If this is an issue for you, please take the precautionary measures and dress/pack for your display accordingly.
In addition to a robust marketing mix including PR, advertising, street teams and on-site activation events, we provide unique flyers and invites and populate social tags to give you the tools to promote the market and your participation in it. Your active engagement fuels the success of each individual market, so share your participation with Artists & Fleas with your followers and friends!
Facebook: Make sure to RSVP and share the invites we send you!
We're looking forward to a great show with you! Please feel free to contact us with questions.
Tyree Fifer, On-site contact
Tracy Wells, Regional Representative
How many merchants will be at the market?
We can host 100 merchants at this location.
Is there a typical price point or range of items sold at the market?
Price points vary depending on the type of product, but we suggest having a range of price points in order to appeal to different customers.
Can I request a specific space?
You can make a request, but please note that it is just that. We will try our best to accommodate everyone's requests but cannot guarantee them.
How will I know which spot I am in?
Load in email is sent out the Thursday before the market date you have reserved.
Will I have time to shop the market?
Sure! We recommend not leaving your booth unattended, so please ask a neighbor to keep an eye on it for you when you step away. If you do stray, go when the market is winding down near closing and check out all of the creative things your fellow merchants have to offer.
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, please! We love dogs.
Can I play music in my booth?
Please do not play music in your booth. Unfortunately, music is not allowed at this location.
What happens if it rains?
We’ll still be there!
Can I rent a tent and tables?
We do not rent anything at this location. Please make sure to bring a white top tent and tent weights (required for booths) and any tables, chairs and racks you may need.
Is there electricity?
No. This is an outdoor event and we do not provide electricity.
How do I get featured on your Instagram or Facebook feed?
We curate our feed and the best way to increase your chances of being featured is to have a current feed with great content. We often repost images from our merchants before the show. Be sure to tag #AFinLA and @ArtistsandFleas so we can find the images.
How do I get on the merchant page?
Every participant is listed on the LA page with a hyperlink to their site. This page is updated a few days prior to each event.
Do I need to apply each month?
No. Please email us at least 3-4 weeks before the show you would like to participate in. We will get back to you with availability and a due date for the fees if we have space. Please note that you only need to reapply if you are introducing a product different from what you originally applied with, for example, you applied with clothes and now want to sell jewelry. If you would like to participate at a market in a different location, please fill out the application online.