About Artists & Fleas
Established in 2003, Artists & Fleas is a weekly art, designer and vintage market located in the heart of Williamsburg, Brooklyn with locations at Chelsea Market in NYC, the Arts District in downtown LA and in Venice, California. Artists & Fleas is a place where independent artists, designers, stylists, vintage collectors and food vendors come to meet their market and showcase their talents alongside fellow makers. Shoppers come to the market to discover one-of-a-kind products and to interact with the people who make them.
At present, we are hiring for the following positions:
Market Intern (Williamsburg)
Artists & Fleas is seeking a Market Intern for their Williamsburg, Brooklyn location.
The position is a great opportunity for an artist, maker, freelancer or student looking to get more involved with Brooklyn's artistic community. The ideal candidate isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and invests themselves in their work, gaining satisfaction from a well-executed event or project. They believe in the importance of local business and are willing to take to the streets and engage with a wider variety of people in order to get the word out. Intern must be able to lift 40 pounds.
This internship is for 15-20 hours per week, hours are flexible. Duties and projects will be tailored based on the individual's skills, interests, and availability. The intern will be welcomed and encouraged to develop their own ideas and projects as well.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- E-commerce maintenance and promotion (Artists & Fleas sells items via Depop)
- Visual merchandising and retailing (for market at large and individual vendor booths)
- Event/Marketing/Vendor research and discovery
- Social media promotion
- Neighborhood market promotion including flyering and poster distribution
- Administrative work to support Market Manager
This position is unpaid. The intern will be provided lunch, coffee and metro fare. If interested, please respond with a resume and paragraph on why you are a good fit for the position. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter and relevant links.
Production Assistant (Part-TIme)
Artists & Fleas is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic Production Assistant to assist in all operational aspects of the market on weekend days. This is a great opportunity for someone that loves event production, managing details and participating in the creation of an event that supports and celebrates local artists and small business owners and wants to be a part of seeing them succeed. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Market Managers in preparing the location for upcoming events
- Opening and closing the market and assisting in the load-in/load-out process
- Helping create a positive market vibe (fielding customer and vendor inquiries, music management, organizing, cleaning and overall facilities upkeep)
- Capturing market activity throughout the day through photos, video shorts, etc. to provide managers with content for social media outlets
- Keeping up with market cleanliness standards throughout the day
The ideal candidate should be motivated, punctual, take direction well, and be able to lift thirty pounds. The right person is also confident and feels comfortable around other people as a brand ambassador and an extension of the market community.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume, cover letter and relevant links.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.