The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and these individuals are prohibited from providing Personal Information through the Services.
2. Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, which may include:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Employer or organization
- Paypal, debit, credit card or other billing information
- Your viewing of content
- Ratings, reviews, favorites, followers for images or items
We may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you visit our markets, mail-in any information or contact customer service.
3. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
A&F automatically collects device-specific information when you install, access, use, or install the Services. Similarly, information is automatically received and recorded from your browser or mobile device when you visit the Site or use the mobile application, such as your IP address or unique device identifiers, cookies and data about which pages you visit. This information we call “OtherNon-Personal Information” is stored in log files and is collected automatically. A&F may combine this information from your browser or your mobile device with other information collected by A&F’s partners, including across devices. This information is used to prevent fraud and to keep the Services secure, to analyze and understand how the Services work for members and visitors, and to provide advertising and a more personalized experience for customers and visitors. In addition, such Non-Personal Information is utilized to provide marketing and general and targeted advertising and a more personalized experience for you and our other customers and visitors. In order to provide such personalized experience, A&F may permit certain third party companies to help tailor advertising that is believed to be of interest to our customers and to collect and use other data about user activities on A&F’s Site through cookies. Cookies (sometimes referred to or known as retargeting cookies) will remember that you have visited our Site and enable us to serve you with advertising when you have left our Site and are visiting other sites and to remind you of products and services you were interested in. A&F may use the following platforms for cookie-based retargeting advertising: Google, Bing, Facebook, and others. If you opt out of their cookies, you will be opting out of A&F’s retargeting advertising as a result.
4. WHAT A&F DOES WITH YOUR PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, Personal Information that you provide to A&F is used to help us communicate with you. For example, A&F uses Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers. Other examples of how we may use Personal Information are as follows:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, such as sending you merchandise or e-mails or other communications about the Services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, unless you elect not to receive them.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting information tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, offering new merchandise, enhancing or improving the Services, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we reasonably believe to be necessary: (a) to comply with applicable laws, such as accounting regulations; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions and/or reasonably protect damage to our operations or ensure the safety of any third party; and (d) to respond to civil subpoenas or inquiries.
We will only collect and process such Personal Information as is required for the uses set out above. Personal Information will not be retained by Artists & Fleas once we become aware that you are no longer a subscriber or user of the Services.
While A&F does not operate as an e-commerce Site, in limited instances A&F may engage in or offer e-commerce transactions on the Site. To the extent, A&F does so engage in e-commerce, A&F may share limited Personal Information with merchants who are performing services for the Company, such as WordPress and third-party services as described below.
5. CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
6. WORDPRESS AND OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICES
A&F periodically needs to engage third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies, and analytics and security providers) to help operate and provide the Services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are obligated to A&F not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, including our third-party providers, or other organizations or services that you may use to access the Services, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to such other organizations. A&F also has no access or control over the retargeting cookies and other tracking and data collection methodologies that may be used by our marketing partners, and has no responsibilities or liability for the privacy policies and practices of these sites.
We have implemented organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. A&F follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to it, both during transmission and after it is received. For example, A&F encrypts certain information (such as credit card numbers) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, A&F cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us as soon as possible in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
8. CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your Choices Regarding Our Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving Emails. A&F may send you messages about the Services related to your transactions through the Online Shop. Other messages may be related to Services such as newsletters, new merchants, markets, vendor updates or contests. Other than the email that you will be sent after a completed transaction at Checkout and the email notification that your product has been dispatched, all other emails are optional. If you have signed up to receive an optional email, but no longer choose to receive such emails, please, email email@example.com indicating your request to be removed from said mailing list or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing-related email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt out from receiving administrative messages.
- Non-Marketing Emails: You agree that A&F can send you non-marketing emails or messages, such as those related to transactions, your account, security, or product changes. Examples of service-related messages include an email address confirmation/welcome email when you register your account, notification of an order, service availability, modification of key features or functions, and correspondence with A&F’s support team.
How you can access or change your Personal Information – Portability
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete, subject to the terms herein, any of your Personal Information that is retained by A&F, you may contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
9. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
10. RETENTION PERIOD
12. QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact email@example.com or by mail at Artists & Fleas 70 North 7th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249, United States.
Last Updated: This Privacy Statement was last updated on 2/14/22.