Oof! Is it springtime yet!? If you're anywhere near us here in NYC, you're in that phase of the season where you just want to pull the covers over your head and wait for the spring thaw. We're in that gray area, where the holidays are a distant memory and spring break just can't come fast enough. But, you DON'T have to wish time away! We have some ideas to help you get up and out of bed to enjoy the rest of winter.
1) Many of you have probably had City Bakery's amazing hot chocolate, but did you know that they host an annual hot chocolate festival in February with a different flavor each day? Today's flav = "Happy" Hot Chocolate. When you're done sipping, enter their Should City Bakery Hot Chocolate Be Drunk With or Without a Marshmallow essay contest. Written word, video and crafts are eligible for entry.
2) Nanako has a line of cozy and fashionable fleece jackets and vests that are sure to keep you toasty.
3) What are you gonna do with all that snow in the city? Make a Snowman on the High Line on the high line for a chance to win prizes, of course. The Standard, High Line, Chelsea Piers, REI, Melt Bakery, La Newyorkina, Blue Bottle Coffee, People's Pops, L' Arte del Gelato are all offering prizes. Don't forget to stop at A&F Chelsea Market afterwards to warm up.
4) Snag one of Brooklyn Limegreen's massage candles that use only essential oils to soothe your dry winter skin.
5) ...And when you just can't take it anymore... book a trip to LA. We'll be there this weekend so come see us!