Community Manager – NYC
Artists & Fleas has created inspired marketplaces for shoppers looking to discover and support local creatives for almost 20 years and we’ve been dedicated to being a place where creators, makers and vintage collectors can be part of a thriving community, showcase their work and build businesses on their own terms.
Artists & Fleas is looking for an outgoing, creative individual who has a love of retail and is hospitality-minded to help cultivate community and foster a fun, supportive and exciting environment in the Chelsea Market marketplace. The Community Manager will serve as a brand ambassador, a community builder, a producer, a problem-solver and facilitate and monitor market operations over the course of the weekend. The Community Manager will also provide on-site support to merchants and execute cross-platform marketing including both the development and dissemination of creative marketing content.
Key responsibilities include:
Merchant Community Management:
- Oversee and assist new merchants in load-in and load-out
- Prep and distribute seller Seller’s Guides to new merchants
- Be the go-to contact for all onsite questions from merchants and customers
- Assist merchants with setting up their shop and advise merchandising best practices
- Ensure merchants understand and adhere to Artists & Fleas visual guidelines
- Creatively communicate relevant information including on-site events, press and more to the merchant community
- Encourage merchants to rebook and guide and answer questions on how to do so
- Welcome and greet influencers and tour groups
- Conduct opening/closing procedures
- Troubleshoot facility issues including HVAC, WiFi, etc. as needed
- Create, update, & manage facility guidebooks and building maintenance contact lists
- Track inventory of market supplies
- Assist in creating and maintaining a positive vibe, including music, lighting, temperature, customer and merchant flow
- Make sure the sales floor, market facilities and common areas are clean and in working condition during all market hours
- Propose and ideate suggestions for new market layouts and merchant spaces
- Ensure a clean, comfortable, professional shopping environment
Marketing & Communications:
- Capture digital content (photos and videos) for our social media channels throughout the day to pass to the Social Media team
- Gather and organize visual content from current merchants
- Assist in executing special events and give creative input based on your view of the market
- Aid in executing marketing programs and supporting merchant community programming
The ideal candidate should be an extremely people-oriented, professional, and organized self-starter. This role requires an individual who is energized by interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and takes pride in implementing the shift from on-paper logistics to real life. Similarly, the candidate should be able to demonstrate professionalism and maturity in ensuring proper rule-following and resolving conflicts that may arise. In this role, you must be a creative thinker, fast on your feet, and thrive on problem-solving. To succeed in this position, you need to have excellent time management and communication skills, be incredibly self motivated, organized, handy, fastidious, and have a demonstrated track record for showing initiative.
In addition, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Applicants need to be proficient with all Google applications and all social media channels. Artists & Fleas values professionalism, responsibility, honesty and reliability – we expect it of our merchants and model it amongst our team. Equally important is to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, determination, and self-motivation. *You must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds for this position.
Hours / Schedule:
This is a P/T hourly position of approximately 15-20 hours per week including weekend hours. We are currently seeking candidates who can work Saturdays and Sundays, along with another day of the week. Please note: we are looking for candidates who can commit to this schedule consistently.
$21.50/hour, sick days, annual bonus & an opportunity to work with a great team and a growing organization.
If you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and a paragraph explaining why you are the ideal fit for this position which we will consider as a writing sample. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply. Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Community Manager” in the subject line. Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now