Over the past 18 years, Artists & Fleas has created inspired marketplaces for shoppers looking to discover local designers and for makers seeking to showcase their creations and build their businesses.
Artists & Fleas is looking for an outgoing, creative individual who has a love of retail and is hospitality-minded to help cultivate community and foster a fun and exciting environment in the Venice marketplace on Abbot Kinney. The Production Assistant will serve as a brand ambassador and assist the Production Lead in market operations over the course of the selling day. The Production Assistant will also provide on-site support to merchants and execute cross-platform marketing including both the development and dissemination of creative marketing content.
Key responsibilities include:
Merchant Community Management:
- Assist new merchants in load-in and load-out
- Be a go-to contact for onsite questions from merchants and customers
- Assist merchants with setting up their shop
- Help ensure merchants understand and adhere to Artists & Fleas visual guidelines
- Welcome and greet influencers and tour groups
Marketing & Communications:
- Capture digital content (photos and videos) for our social media channels throughout the day to pass to the Social Media Manager
- Assist in executing special events
- Aid in executing marketing programs and supporting merchant community programming
- Assist Production Lead in conducting opening/closing procedures and market set up
- Make sure the market facilities and common areas are clean and in working condition during all market hours
This role requires an individual who is energized by interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and takes pride in implementing the shift from on-paper logistics to real life. Applicant must be fast on their feet, and born to problem-solve.
Artists & Fleas values professionalism, responsibility, honesty and reliability – we expect it of our merchants and model it amongst our team. Equally important is to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, determination, and self-motivation. *You must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds for this position.
Hours / Schedule:
This is a P/T position with hours consisting of approximately 10 hours per week on Saturday (8:30 AM – 6:30PM) for the Summer + Fall seasons. Please note, we are looking for candidates who can commit to this consistent schedule.
Competitive hourly rate & an opportunity to work with a great team and a growing organization.
If you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and a paragraph about why you are the ideal fit for this position and the Artists & Fleas brand. Applicants who have not visited the market or at least spent time on our website and social media pages need not apply. Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Production Assistant, Venice” in the subject line.
Artists & Fleas is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now