SOHO Rental Agreement; Rules + Regulations
Updated as of October 21, 2020
This Merchant Space Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between:
- ARTISTS & FLEAS VENTURES, LLC (“A&F”), a New York limited liability company, with offices at 223 Bedford Avenue, #509, Brooklyn, New York 11211;
- and Merchant as indicated on your submitted online Application (“you” or “Merchant”).
This Agreement shall not bind A&F or Merchant unless and until (1) Artists & Fleas offers you a space at the SoHo Market located at 490 Broadway, New York, NY (the “Market”) by sending you an “Offer Email”; and (2) you accept Artists & Fleas’ offer to participate in the Market by paying the Rental Fee in accordance with the Offer Email (the “Binding Conditions”). IMMEDIATELY UPON THE SATISFACTION OF THE BINDING CONDITIONS, THIS AGREEMENT SHALL AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN EFFECTIVE AND BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN A&F AND MERCHANT.
The term “Agreement” as used herein includes and incorporates the information, terms and conditions contained within (i) your Application (ii) A&F’s Offer Email to you; (iii) this Merchant Space Rental Agreement; and (iv) the Market Rules & Regulations posted on the A&F website (the “Rules & Regulations”). This Agreement sets forth the entirety of the parties’ respective rights and obligations in connection with Merchant’s operation of a space at the Market.
(1) Creation of Binding Agreement. This Agreement shall not bind A&F in any way unless and until (i) A&F has sent Merchant the Offer Email, which A&F may or may not send in its sole discretion and (ii) Merchant has accepted the offer by payment of the Rental Fee as set forth below. The Offer Email, if sent, will set forth the dates on which A&F has conditionally approved you to operate a booth at the Market (the “Term”). The date of the Offer Email shall be deemed the “Effective Date” of this Agreement.
(a) Rental Fee. To bind this Agreement and reserve a space for the Term you must pay the required “Rental Fee” (which shall include the Space Rental Fee + any Equipment Rental Fee) in the amount, manner and within the time frame set forth in the Offer Email. The Rental Fee shall be as provided in the Offer Email. The Rental Fee is non-refundable.
(b) Method of Payment. Merchant may remit the Rental Fee to A&F via Square invoice or via such other payment instructions that A&F may require.
(c) Timing. The Rental Fee must be received by A&F no later than eight (8) days prior to the commencement of the Term in order to participate, although A&F may, in its sole discretion, accept a later payment pending availability. If the Term is sold out prior to receipt of payment of the Rental Fee, the Merchant will receive a credit valid for three months from the commencement of the original Term; provided however that Merchant cannot use the credit during November or December.
(d) Late Payment; Costs of Collection. If Merchant fails to pay the Rental Fee or any additional charges within five (5) days of the due date of payment, in addition to any other remedies that Artists & Fleas may have under this Agreement and under law, Merchant will be subject to a late charge (“Late Charge”) equal to two and one-half percent (2.5%) of the amount that is late, which shall be due and payable to Artists & Fleas immediately as additional rent. In addition, in the event any payment is more than thirty (30) days past due, then, in addition to any Late Charges and/or other remedies hereunder, all such overdue amounts shall bear interest at the default rate of 12.0% per annum (“Default Rate”), calculated from the due date until paid. Any payments returned for insufficient funds will incur an administrative fee of $25.00 per payment and deemed additional rent. Merchant agrees to pay all costs of collection under this Agreement, including but not limited to reasonable outside attorneys’ fees paid or incurred by Artists & Fleas, whether or not suit is filed with respect thereto and whether or not such cost or expense is paid or incurred, or to be paid or incurred, prior to or after the entry of judgment.
(2) Additional Rental Dates/ Modification of Term. Merchant and A&F may add new rental date or otherwise extend or modify the Term (a) in writing, which such writing may be by an email from A&F confirming an extension, or (b) by issuance by A&F to Merchant of an invoice via Square or such other payment platform indicating the new rental dates and payment by Merchant. This Agreement shall continue to govern any such new rental dates or extension or modification of the Term.
(3) Booth Space.
(a) Assignment of Space. Following approval by A&F and payment of the Rental Fee by Merchant, A&F shall grant to Merchant a license to use one (1) space (approximately 50 square feet) (the “Space”) unless otherwise noted. Merchant will be advised as to the location of the Space on Thursday prior to the start of the Term or upon arriving at the Market during the appointed Merchant set-up period on the selling day. Merchant acknowledges that the size, location and configuration of the spaces may vary. A&F shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to market, position and determine assignment of spaces to all merchants, including the Merchant, within the Market; and provided further that Merchant hereby accepts all such determinations as final. Merchant may not exceed the footprint of Merchant’s designated Space.
(b) There is no transfer, assignment, sub-licensing, subletting or sharing of the Space to other merchants or any other third parties in any form whatsoever. In addition, the Merchant shall not market, display or sell merchandise of any third parties. In addition to any other remedies or recourse that A&F may have hereunder or at law, if merchandise being displayed is determined to belong to a party other than the Merchant, without prior written approval from A&F, A&F shall be entitled to terminate Merchant’s rental and require that Merchant immediately vacate the Space and leave the Market.
(c) All affixed installations to the Space shall become the property of A&F upon installation and shall be surrendered unless A&F elects to relinquish such rights or require removal thereof at Merchant’s sole cost and expense. Any objects of personal property left inside or outside of the Space will be discarded, at Merchant’s sole cost and expense. A&F will not be liable for any damage to or loss of objects or property left in these areas. Merchant is to keep the Space clean, at Merchant’s sole cost and expense, in a manner satisfactory to A&F and shall reimburse A&F promptly for all documented costs incurred in connection with the provision, installation and/or removal of furniture or other furnishings to be provided by A&F.
(4) Merchandising & Display Standards.
(a) Upon A&F’s approval, Merchant shall be entitled to commence set-up of its booth and display as set forth below. Merchant shall use its best efforts when constructing displays to minimize any disturbance to the other merchant operations. Further, Merchant shall be responsible, at its sole cost and expense, to repair any damage and disruption Merchant may cause to the Market or other merchant booths or operations. Merchant shall be considerate of their neighboring merchants when constructing displays and sets both in terms of creating displays that may obstruct sightlines in ways that are egregious or un-neighborly; as well, being mindful of the overall aesthetic experience of the Market in considering display items, materials, props, etc. Displays built against the walls or columns will be limited to 8’ in height and displays built in free-standing spaces will be limited to 5’ in height. Any structures built between neighboring booths cannot exceed 5’ in height. Merchant shall not build walls, hang curtains or mount fixtures or grid-walls that are wider than 3’ across so as to keep the space open and maintain clear sight-lines between adjacent booths.
(5) Merchant Responsibilities. In addition to any other Merchant requirements or restrictions as set forth in this Agreement, Merchant must comply with the responsibilities set forth in the “Rules and Regulations” (posted on A&F’s website and made a part of this Agreement), as the same may be reasonably modified or supplemented by Artists & Fleas from time to time. Artists & Fleas shall not be obligated to enforce the Rules and Regulations against Merchant or any other merchant of the A&F Market or any other party, and Artists & Fleas shall have no liability to Merchant by reason of the violation by any other merchant or other party of the Rules and Regulations; provided, that Artists & Fleas shall not enforce the Rules and Regulations in a manner which discriminates against Merchant (it being understood that rules may have varying impact on merchants, taking into account differences in their use and business operations). If any Rule and Regulation(s) shall conflict with any provision in the body of this Agreement, such provision of this Agreement shall govern.
(6) Use of Tradename; Name; Images; Likeness. Merchant hereby grants to A&F the irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license throughout the world, in perpetuity to use the tradename, names, likeness, images and other media representations of Merchant and Merchant’s employees, agents and guests (“Merchant Parties”) for purposes of marketing and advertising the Market for the Company’s website, social media, print advertising, and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any payment to Merchant or the Merchant Parties. In furtherance of the above Merchant agrees on behalf of itself and the other Merchant Parties, that in connection with A&F’s advertising and marketing, A&F shall have the right to take and use photographic images, video footage, graphic images and sound recordings of Merchant Parties at the Market. Merchant shall be required to inform all of its employees and contractors of the foregoing policy and shall include in any of its employment or contracting agreements language and a release acknowledging the same and for the benefit of Artists & Fleas. In addition, to the extent that Artists & Fleas decides or determines to obtain specific separate photo/image signed releases from Merchant employees and staff, Merchant shall cooperate and assist Artists & Fleas in obtaining the same.
(7) Events of Default. This Agreement and the license hereby granted are subject to the limitations that upon the occurrence, at any time during the Term, of any one or more of the following events (referred to as “Events of Default”):
(a) if Merchant shall default in the observance or performance of any term, covenant or condition of this Agreement; or
(b) if Merchant shall default in the observance or performance of any term, covenant or condition on Merchant’s part to be observed or performed under any other agreement with A&F; or
(c) if Merchant shall file a voluntary petition in bankruptcy, or shall be adjudicated a bankrupt or insolvent, or shall make an assignment for the benefit of creditors;
then, in any of said cases, A&F may, at its option, immediately terminate this Agreement and the Term; provided that Merchant shall remain liable for damages and shall forego any prepaid fee and security deposit. In addition to the foregoing, A&F and its agents may immediately at any time after such Event of Default or after the Expiration Date re-possess the Space, dispossess Merchant and any other persons from the Space and remove any and all of their property and effects from the Space. Merchant hereby agrees to pay, as additional charges, all attorneys’ fees and disbursements (and all other court costs or expenses of legal proceedings) which A&F may incur by reason of, or in connection with any action or proceeding to terminate this Agreement or in connection with any Event of Default by Merchant under this Agreement. If Merchant “holds over” without the written consent of Artists & Fleas after expiration or termination of this Agreement, in addition to any other damages available to Artist & Fleas under this Agreement, Merchant shall (a) pay as holdover license fee for each day of the holdover occupation an amount equal to 200% of the daily rate based on the Rental Fee. No holding over by Merchant after the Term shall operate to extend the Term. The acceptance of any license fee or rent paid by Merchant pursuant to this section, shall not preclude Artists & Fleas from commencing and prosecuting a holdover or summary eviction proceeding.
(8) Indemnification. Merchant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless A&F, its affiliates, officers, employees, and representatives from and against any and all losses, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, costs, damages, claims (actual or alleged) and expenses resulting from claims for bodily injury, death, property destruction, or property damage arising out of or incidental to or in any way resulting from the acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise, of the Merchant, its employees, subcontractors, or agents, if any, in performance under this Agreement and the use of its Space at the Market and in the common areas of the Market during the Term unless such bodily injury, death, property destruction, property damage, or personal injury is determined to be the result of the negligence or intentional misconduct of A&F, their affiliates, agent, officers, employees, or representatives.
(9) Limitation of Liability. Merchant shall look solely to A&F leasehold interest in the Market and the proceeds thereof, for the recovery of any judgment against Merchant, and no other property or assets of A&F and its members, officers, directors, or affiliates shall be subject to levy, execution or other enforcement procedure for the satisfaction of Merchant’s remedies under or with respect to this Agreement. In no event shall A&F and/or its affiliates and/or their respective members, managers, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to Merchant or any other person or entity for consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages, costs, expenses or losses (including without limitation lost profits, loss of business, anticipatory profits and opportunity costs).
(10) Subject to Overlease; Termination. In the event that at anytime during the Term (i) A&F is required or reasonably determines for health, business or any other reasons to vacate the Market; (ii) A&F’s lease at the Market is terminated or expires for any reason; or (iii) the Market is substantially damaged by fire or casualty; then A&F shall be entitled terminate this Agreement by providing not less than seven (7) days written notice to Merchant, whereupon Merchant shall be required to vacate the Space as of the termination date set forth in the notice. In such event, any monies heretofore delivered by Merchant to A&F for periods following the termination date, including, without limitation, the relevant portion of the Space Rental Fee, shall be promptly returned to Merchant following Merchant’s vacating the Space in accordance with this Agreement.
(11) Non-Disparagement. Merchant covenants and agrees that during the Term of this Agreement and for one (1) year thereafter, Merchant will not knowingly permit, do or commit any act or thing, including but not limited to, communicating, publishing, posting, disseminating to third parties, whether orally or writing, and in any media, including social media channels, emails or otherwise, that would degrade, disparage, slander, libel or harass Artists & Fleas, the Market, any Artists & Fleas staff, other Merchants or customers. In the event of a violation of any of this provision, Merchant agrees: (i) that Artists & Fleas will be subject to irreparable harm entitling them to seek immediate injunctive or other equitable relief including, without limitation, a temporary restraining order and/or preliminary injunction precluding Merchant from violating the provisions of this section; and (ii) that Merchant will be liable to Artists & Fleas for its attorney’s fees and costs incurred in pursuing such relief and that Merchant will not under any circumstances be entitled to attorney’s fees.
(12) Force Majeure. Neither Party shall be liable for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by, but not limited to, acts of G-d, riots, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic (including COVID-19 pandemic and related governmental responses), quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, breakdown of web host, breakdown of internet service provider, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion, generalized lack of availability of raw materials or energy and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected. For the avoidance of doubt, Force Majeure shall not include (a) financial distress nor the inability of either party to make a profit or avoid a financial loss, (b) changes in market prices or conditions, or (c) a party’s financial inability to perform its obligations hereunder. Notwithstanding the occurrence of any such Force Majeure events that may prevent or impact Merchant’s operations and use of the Space and/or result in the Market closing, Merchant shall remain obligated to pay for the use of their Space throughout the Term and there shall be no abatement of Rental Fees or any other fees hereunder for such events.
(13) COVID-19 Compliance. Merchant is aware that this Agreement is being entered into during the occurrence of the COVID-19 pandemic and that A&F’s ability to open and operate the Market is subject to federal, state, and local regulations and the guidance of state health agencies. Accordingly, A&F will determine, publish from time to time and maintain certain protocols at the Market in order to be in compliance with applicable regulations and to promote safe and best practices designed to mitigate against the spread of COVID-19. Such protocols may include social distancing, wearing of masks and limiting number of people at the market. Merchant agrees to abide by any such protocols and to ensure that its individual employees also observe such protocols and safety measures.
All notices, demands, consents, approvals, waivers or other communications which may or are required to be given by either party to the other under this Agreement (each, “Notice”) shall be in writing and shall be delivered by (a) personal delivery, (b) a nationally recognized overnight courier, or (c) e-mail, in each case addressed to the party to be notified as follows:
If to Artists & Fleas:
Artists & Fleas
223 Bedford Avenue, #509
Brooklyn, NY 11249
Attention: Managing Member
If to Merchant to the address or e-mail address specified in Vendor’s Application.
Either party may from time to time designate a different (or additional) address(es) for Notices by at least 5 days prior Notice to the other party. Notices from A&F may be given by A&F’ attorney, and Notices from Merchant may be given by Merchant’s attorney. Each Notice shall be deemed to have been given on the date such Notice is actually received as evidenced by a written receipt therefor from the personal delivery service, or national courier service, as applicable, and in the event of failure to deliver by reason of changed address of which no Notice was given or refusal to accept delivery, as of the date of such failure or refusal as evidenced by a written receipt therefor from the personal delivery service, or national courier service, as applicable.
(b) Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement, or the application thereof to any person or circumstances shall to any extent be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement, shall not be affected, and each provision of this Agreement shall be valid and shall be enforceable to the extent permitted by law.
(c) Survival. All obligations and liabilities of A&F or Merchant to the other which accrued before the expiration or other termination of this Agreement and all such obligations and liabilities which by their nature or under the circumstances can only be, or by the provisions of this Agreement may be, performed after such expiration or other termination, shall survive the expiration or other termination of this Agreement.
(d) Amendments. This Agreement may be supplemented, amended, or modified only by the mutual written agreement of the Parties.
(e) Merger. This Agreement embodies the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all prior agreements, understanding and statements, oral or written, with respect thereto are merged in this Agreement.
(f) Successors. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of A&F its successors and assigns, and shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of Merchant, its successors, and to the extent that an assignment may be approved by A&F, Merchant’s assigns.
(g) Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal Laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Each Party hereby irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of any State or Federal Court sitting in Kings or New York County, New York, in respect of any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, and irrevocably accepts for itself and in respect of its property, generally and unconditionally, jurisdiction of such courts.
(h) Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when so executed and delivered shall be taken to be an original; but such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same document.
(i) Electronic/Fax/PDF Same as Original. For purposes of negotiating and finalizing this Agreement (including any subsequent amendments thereto) any signed document transmitted electronically, or by fax machine or as a pdf via email shall be treated in all manner as an original document. The signature of any party shall be considered for those purposes as an original signature. Any such electronic, fax or pdf document shall be considered to have the same binding legal effect as an original document.
RULES & REGS
Updated as of October 21, 2020
Artists & Fleas Ventures, LLC SoHo Market Merchant Rules and Regulations
These Merchant Rule and Regulations govern Merchant conduct and the rental of booth space at Artists & Fleas Ventures, LLC (“A&F”) SoHo Market at 490 Broadway New York, NY 10012 (“the Market”). Merchants must comply with, and cause their employees, contractors, agents and guests to comply with these Rules and Regulations. “A&F” may modify these Rules and Regulations time to time for the good order, safety, care and cleanliness of the Market.
The Rules and Regulations are made a part of each Merchant Space Rental Agreement that a Merchant may have entered into with A&F.
(1) Use of Space.
(a) Assigned Space.
Spaces are assigned to merchants by A&F on or prior to the applicable Market dates. Merchants cannot assign their space to others. Each space measures approximately 50 square feet but size, location and configuration of individual spaces will vary. For example, some spaces will be free-standing, some will have a wall; others may have a column or other structural element. Merchants that are assigned space(s) against a wall are permitted to hang merchandise on the wall. A&F does not have hammers and nails available, therefore please bring your own should you require them. Please be advised that merchandise set-up cannot exceed the parameters of any assigned space.
We encourage Merchants to plan their merchandise set-up in advance. It is essential that merchants leave room for entry and exit to their assigned space. Therefore, merchants may visit the Market prior to their scheduled dates of sale in order to view the space(s) and determine how to create the best display and maximize their use of the space. Please note that we create the floor plan for the upcoming weekend on the Wednesday prior to that given weekend, so merchants cannot know their specific assigned spaces until then.
*For the benefit and safety of everyone – humans and their pets – pets are not allowed to be present and/or accompany merchants for the full duration of the selling day when the market is open to the public (11am-7pm) unless they are service animals and proper proof of service is available immediately upon request.
(b) Permitted Merchandise.
Merchant may use the assigned Space only for the marketing, promotion and sales of “Permitted Merchandise,” meaning only the products and/or merchandise identified and described by Merchant in the Application and approved by A&F. Merchants are not permitted to sell any additional or different merchandise without prior written approval by A&F. A&F may require Merchant to remove any non-permitted merchandise in its sole discretion at any time.
(c) Operating Dates & Market Hours.
The Market is open to the public from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except any days that the Market is closed, and any occasional delays or early closings as A&F shall, in its sole discretion, close for inventory review, renovations, or repairs to the Market. Except as otherwise provided below, merchants only have the right to enter and use their assigned space during the Hours of Operation.
Merchants shall be required to continuously use, occupy and operate their assigned space during all hours of operation, which shall mean 11:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Any Merchant whose assigned space is not open, staffed and operating for any portion of the day may, in A&F’s sole discretion, be prohibited from any further selling that day and required to pack-up and leave the market without prior notice; and in such case Merchant’s pre-paid Rental Fee will not be returned.
(2) Merchant Load-In/Set-up.
A&F may, within its sole discretion release the reserved space and prohibit Merchant from selling that day; Merchant’s pre-paid Rental Fee will not be returned. Merchants may also access their assigned space for load-in/set-up as follows:
(a) Merchant Load-In.
Load-in. Merchants may access their assigned space for load-in/set-up on the morning immediately preceding their first selling day (Friday or Saturday, as indicated in the Offer) between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 11:00 A.M. Merchant must be completely set-up and ready to sell to the public no later than 11:00 a.m.
Late Fee. If Merchant fails to show up on time (i.e., arrival, set up and open prior to 11:00 a.m. and staffed by a dedicated employee or operator), A&F will assess $25 penalty that will be invoiced to the Merchant via Square. Payment is required no later than close of business that day for Merchant to be able to open the following day. Further, A&F may, within its sole discretion release the reserved space and, prohibit Merchant from selling that day; and require Merchant to pack-up and leave the market without prior notice; and in such case Merchant’s pre-paid Rental Fee will not be returned.
(b) Merchant Load-Out/Tear Down.
Tear down and/or load-out may only commence once the selling day ends and the Market is closed to the public. Merchant may not close for business at the end of any selling day prior to 7:00 p.m., unless merchant has obtained prior written approval from A&F expressly permitting such.
Merchants must completely remove all merchandise and/or items within the Space no later than 8:30pm on Sunday evening, unless you have already submitted payment to sell on the following weekend. Any items and/or merchandise remaining in the Space will be discarded after 9:00pm on Sunday evening. Any over-sized items left behind, including, but not limited to furniture, fixtures or other merchandising materials, that are not properly disposed of may result in the assessment of an additional trash removal fee of $100.00. Merchants must leave their space in broom-clean condition.
(3) On-Site Services.
(a) Equipment Rentals.
Merchants are permitted to bring their own tables and chairs. A&F offers equipment rentals on a first-to-pay basis Merchants may rent a table (approximately three (3) feet long) and one (1) accompanying chair from A&F at a rate of $30.00 per weekend. Please review our Pinterest Page for our current offerings. Additional chairs may be rented at a rate of $5.00 per day. Any payments for equipment rentals must be paid with the Space Rental Fee. Payments for equipment rentals are fully refundable only if supplies are exhausted at the time Merchant pays the Space Rental Fee.
A&F provides electrical outlets throughout the space for merchant use. Merchants are responsible for providing their own extension cords. If any Merchant requires electricity beyond what is reasonable and necessary it must obtain the prior approval of A&F. Merchants are permitted to use the Market fitting rooms and bathrooms. The Market provides heating and air conditioning. A&F may terminate the provision of any of the above described services in its sole discretion and without notice to Merchants at any time.
The Market provides WiFi for Merchants to only transact official business related to their work at the Market. A&F shall use its commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the reliability of the service, subject in all cases to A&F’s provider’s service guarantees and ability to repair and restore service.
Merchants returning for consecutive selling weekends may store their merchandise at the Market from closing on Sunday through the following Friday, provided that payment has already been received for the following selling weekend. In any other case, any property remaining after the scheduled Term will become property of A&F. A&F IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING THEFT, DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION OF ANY PROPERTY STORED BY MERCHANT. MERCHANT EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE STORAGE OF PROPERTY AT THE MARKET IS AT MERCHANT’S OWN RISK.
e) Risk of Loss; Safety.
Merchants are solely responsible for maintaining and securing their products and or furnishings. The use of space heaters, irons, hot water kettles and other high-wattage electrical equipment is strictly prohibited. Merchants are requested to make their power requirements known prior to set-up and are urged to employ low-watt/energy-saving light bulbs wherever possible to avoid damage to the building’s electrical wiring and equipment. A&F may request that certain equipment not be used at its own discretion. A&F is not obligated to repair any damage to products and or furnishings on the premises nor is the Market responsible to replace any lost, damaged or stolen items.
(4) Cancellation Policy.
Merchant may cancel its scheduled booth operations on specified rental dates by providing written notice of cancellation to A&F no later than 12:00 p.m. EST on the Friday of the week prior to the first day of the scheduled Term (i.e. 7 days in advance). If proper cancellation notice is provided by Merchant, A&F will extend credit(s) for use by Merchant within three (3) months of the original Term commencement date subject to scheduling by A&F, within A&F’s sole discretion; provided however, that such credits shall automatically expire if not used within the three-month time period. Credits may not be used in November or December. Merchant and A&F may schedule another date to use the credit(s) via e-mail. If Merchant fails to provide sufficient notice of cancellation, A&F is not required to reimburse any part of the Space Rental Fee to merchant and no credit(s) will be issued.
Please note that cancellations are not permitted during the month of December. If Merchant cancels a December space reservation, Merchant is not entitled to reimbursement of the Space Rental Fee, nor shall merchant be entitled to receive any credit(s).
(5) Licenses and Business Practices.
Merchants are required to obtain, maintain and have copies on file of all applicable New York State and New York City licenses for its operations, including, but not limited to, New York Sales Tax Certificate of Authority. Copies of Certificates of Authority must be on premises but need not necessarily be displayed. Merchants selling food or beverages must obtain the appropriate Department of Health and Mental Hygiene permits and licenses. All sales of food and beverages must comply with all applicable health code requirements.
(6) Return Policy; Price List.
Merchants must have a return policy for its customers which shall be clearly communicated. Merchants shall maintain a price list with respect to its merchandise. Such Price List should be displayed and available upon request by customers or A&F.
(7) Marketing Permission.
Merchants agree to permit A&F to use the Merchant’s name, logo, product description and photographs for promotional materials and marketing purposes.
(8) No Future Obligations to Merchant.
Merchants acknowledge that A&F is under no obligation to offer Merchant the opportunity to continue its participation at the Market for subsequent dates, or in any other A&F events.
Merchants who choose to participate in other markets and events in or near the Market that in their nature or description might be viewed as being detracting to the market may be requested to leave without prior notice and will forego their rental fee or their space at the Market.
(10) Rules of Conduct.
A&F adheres to a zero tolerance policy that applies to any conduct that has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Merchants must notify all of their employees to adhere to this policy during their participation at the Market. Merchants are responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy and ensuring that all employees under their supervision are fully aware of this policy and appropriate complaint procedures (below). Violation of this policy will result in appropriate corrective action that A&F may, within its sole discretion, determine to exercise, including but not limited to, immediate removal of any offending employee or termination of Merchants rental at the Market.
(a) Personal Behavior.
Merchants must apprise all of their employees of certain rules of conduct regarding personal behavior prior to partaking in any A&F event. A&F prohibits all forms of harassment including: any demeaning, insulting, embarrassing or intimidating behavior directed at any employee present and the Market and visitors. A&F specifically bans unwelcome sexual advances or physical contact, sexually orientated gestures and statements, and the display or circulation of sexually orientated pictures, cartoons, jokes or other material. A&F also prohibits engaging in any hostile contact, intimidation, threats or such actions or violence, or any other actions that may be considered threatening or hostile in nature while on the Market premises.